Frequently Asked Questions
- How is this program different from all the others like it?
1) You can network with real board members who hear about real opportunities. Many board programs provide online webinars, conference calls, and other ways to advance your knowledge on the topic. But without meeting sitting directors and leaders from equity firms, the knowledge won’t get you anywhere. You’ll spend a day with sitting board members, search firm pros, and other leaders in a position to consider you for actual opportunities.
2) There is no other program with a focus on health care like ours. We’ll help you understand why your health care experience is a secret weapon: why boards should want someone with your expertise. You’ll meet health care board members who have a unique ability to understand your background and experience and why it’s of value.
3) Our program offers lasting value. This program is the kick off of a year-long effort to help you set goals and hold yourself accountable in reaching them. We spend an entire afternoon on your personal value proposition. We want to be sure you don’t walk away from the program and not think about board service until the next time we offer a program like this. Your interest in board service should be a part of your daily networking, and we’ll help hold you to that.
4) Our program will deliver. We don’t promise to find you a board seat. If any group or program ever offers you that (unless they serve on a nominating committee), think hard about what they’re offering. We promise to help you learn what kind of board seat is attainable, steps you can take to advance that interest, and to help you make connections that will be of use to you.
- What does my program fee include?
The program fee includes the programming and most meals at the in-person event in New York City on July 23-24, 2018. It also includes the follow-up programs and distance learning opportunities listed on the Program Components page. The program fee does not include hotel stay or travel for the in-person event portion of this program.
- Will I be able to see a list of registrants?
A list of registrants will be available for you to view here as we collect registrations. In addition, we will circulate registrant lists with contact information prior to the event, as well as an attendee directory after the New York City kick-off. It is our intention that the Board Program Class of 2018 be able to connect and reach out to each other for questions, advice, and support throughout the year-long program, and even after.
- What is the cancellation policy?
Click here to view our cancellation policy for this program.
- What is the dress code?
We ask that participants dress in business attire for both days of this in-person program.
- Do I have to attend both days?
No, not necessarily, but it means that you will miss out on vital portions of the networking and education experience designed to aid you on your quest to a board seat. Of course, we would love to see you for as much of the program as possible, and don't want to let one absence discourage you from receiving the benefits from the rest of the program. Unfortunately, if you must miss out on portions of the program, we are unable to pro-rate or refund your program fee.