WBL Board Program: Finding Your Seat at the Table
We invite you to join the WBL Board Program Class of 2017 and be a part of our newest offering, Finding Your Seat at the Table, a year-long program that kicks off with a two-day in person event and continues with distance learning designed to aid you in creating and executing your personal strategic action plan for winning a seat on a corporate board. Join a cohort of accomplished fellow health care leaders - WBL members - to network with sitting board members and learn about the special talents you bring to the table as a health care executive and how to best make your case as someone who can add significant value to a corporate board.
September 25th - 26th, 2017 | New York City, NY
The program's in-person component will feature nearly two days of board education as well as ample time for networking with board members, industry leaders, and other executives in the health care space.
Educational topics included in the program:
- The unique value you can bring to boards as a health care executive
- Using advisory boards and investor boards to advance your governance goals
- The experience private equity boards look for in candidates and how to make yourself known
- Locating and securing public board opportunities
- How to ace the board interview process and use diligence to make the right choices
- How nominating committees evaluate board candidates
- Adding value as a board member AND as a "diversity" board member
- Positioning yourself for board service: what is your personal value proposition?
Why should I attend?
Finding Your Seat at the Table is expertly tailored for women health care executives interested in serving on a corporate board. Our program will not only help you realize the unique value you offer to boards as a health care leader, but will also connect you to sitting directors who may consider you for actual opportunities. We promise to help you learn what kind of board seat is attainable, the steps you can take to advance that interest, and to help you make connections that will advance you in your goal of board service.
Our program offers you lasting value. Our in-person event includes an afternoon workshop to help you define your value proposition and create your strategic plan of action for attaining a corporate board seat. The distance learning components of the program will keep you on track and provide extra education throughout the year. Our aim with this program is to help you set goals and hold yourself accountable in reaching those goals. Your interest in board service should be a part of your daily networking, and we’ll help hold you to that. By the end of this year-long program you will walk away with:
- Connections to sitting board members, search firm executives, and fellow health care leaders
- The knowledge to navigate the board search process, build your brand, sell yourself, and nail that board interview
- A detailed board readiness assessment with suggestions for next steps based on your unique experience and goals
- A comprehensive, personalized action plan for navigating your way to a board position
- The tools necessary to achieve your goals AND hold yourself accountable
- An understanding of how effective board member once you get there
WBL (Women Business Leaders of the U.S. Health Care Industry Foundation) is a nonprofit bringing senior executive women from the health care industry together to develop cross-industry relationships, do business, and forge a true impact on health care simply by knowing each other and working together. Founded in 2001, WBL is by invitation only, and WBL's network now includes more than 3,500 senior executive women. A major source of WBL's funding is corporate sponsorships. To learn more about becoming a WBL sponsor and establishing your company as an industry leader supporting senior executive women, click here.